We love geeky art, so we thought it would be fun to compile a list of artists we’ve mentioned on the site in 2012, and if possible, point you to where you could support these artists directly.
- Noelle Stevenson (Gingerhaze): Creator of the great new web comic Nimona, as well as the artist behind The Broship of the Rings and many other awesome things.
- Justin White: Just imagine if all of your favorite TV shows or movies were animated series.
- Hey Monster!: The deification of some of our favorite fictional ladies.
- Meme Art: This is a collection of various artists, but who can resist fleeting humor?
- Christopher McMahon and Thyrza Segal: Improving (often not-so-great) found art with monsters!
- Empira: A quick way to amp up your car’s awesomeness and proclaim your geek pride.
- Butterwort: Hilariously adorable t-shirts, including Mohawk Pony, inspired by NASA’s staffer Bobak Ferdowsi.
- Ashley Eckstein, Her Universe: A fantastic array of apparel and gifts covering a great swath of geekdom.
- Nicole Lorenz: Making coloring books cool again (see above!)
- Franco: Thoughtful pieces from a North Carolina-based visual activist.
- Peter Stults: Reimagining your favorite films as posters in mind blowing ways.
- Abby Emerson: Creator of adorable, handmade tiny animals made out of felt.
- Alex Gross: Stunning prints, books and etchings, mixing pop art, vintage style, and geek obsessions.
- Tough Turtles: Two dimensional bead sprites, from Mario to Pokémon.
- Quantum Mechanix, Inc.: Everything. Seriously, everything. QMx have a vast catalog of geeky merch, from screen-accurate character maquettes, to t-shirts and little knick-knacks.
- Humble Indie Bundle: Great assortment to appeal to your independent gaming needs, supporting game designers directly and help charity.
- Kiri Moth: A little bit steampunk, a little bit Art Nouveau, Kiri’s illustrations are 100% awesome. She’s also the graphic designer for Geekquality!
All images from the artists’ websites.