- National Chemistry Week (Oct21-27) encourages chemists and chemistry enthusiasts to build awareness of the science at the local level. Fun and educational!
- A little known Simon and Garfunkel tune, The Sound of Cylons, is wonderful, but also kinda NSFW and will probably spoil a bunch of things for you.
- The second Doctor Who episode written by Neil Gaiman may reach the screen in 2013, not 2014 as previously thought.
- We’re trying to offset the rage of watching the presidential debate with a dose of humor: Binders Full of Women, and this roundup of best reaction tweets.
- Semi-related: do women need to be nude to make a political statement? Discuss.
- Chucks are default footwear for many geeks, and now you can get them customized in the geekiest of style.
- We’re all fighting over who gets to TA the class ?uestlove is teaching at NYU.
- Robert Zemeckis insists the Roger Rabbit sequel is still possible despite Bob Hoskins’ retirement, but we’re not exactly holding our breath.
- New pictures from The Hobbit! Is it December yet?
- By the way, here’s a chart that proves just how much of a sausage fest Middle Earth is.
- Don’t pack your bags just yet, but the planet orbiting Alpha Centauri does have some cool implications.
- Sometimes, great accomplishments and record breaking feats aren’t about exceeding known human limitations. Sometimes, it’s about setting the bar really, really low. Behold: The world’s new record for the shortest freefall (4 inches!).
- Law enforcement still has ways to go in figuring out how to protect people online, while still preserving civil liberties. And then you have Susan McLean, an Australian consultant who thinks the police should step up when it comes to online hate crime. Either way, a discussion is emerging and changes are happening.
- Comic book superheroes and beloved film characters, if they had been part of folklore in the Ottoman empire.
- What’s better than just memes? Arrested Development memes!
- Have an adorable feline that hates to wear clothes? This patient tabby models some awesome artful outfits your kitty just might get into.
- If you want more feline photo madness, behold our new favorite Tumblr: cats that look like pinup girls.
- Everyone says the death of print is exaggerated panic, but this memo from Tina Brown to the entire staff of Newsweek says otherwise.
- Look everyone, look at these two year old pandas eating!
This entry was posted in geeking out
. Bookmark the permalink