- Rashida Jones is developing a new dramedy for the CW with her sister, Kidada Jones.
- Executive producer Mark Rubin says adding playable female soldiers to Call of Duty: Ghost was about acknowledging existing fans. Bless.
- WORF SHOW. Let it happen already, Hollywood, damn.
- Capcom meets Disney! Mike V’s pixel-art fighting princesses make us wanna bust out a hadouken.
- Inspired by statistics on women’s presence in experimental electronic music, network of musicians Female: Pressure started a festival.
- Please consider supporting the campaign for a new interactive fiction game Choice: Texas, looking at abortion access in the state of Texas.
- Ms. Magazine wants to see more major roles gender flipped, and so do we.
- Mathematician Terri Oda got tired of telling the same story about women in Computer Science, so she made a clever Powerpoint.
- GLAAD has released their breakdown of LGBT reperesentation in films from 2012.
- Geeky friends still in grad school: dance your thesis and win $1000!
- Game of Thrones’ Natalie Dormer will be Cressida in Hunger Games: Mockingjay. May the sass be ever in her favor.
- Cool job profile: “library builder” Megan Prelinger of San Francisco’s Prelinger Library.
- The new SNL casting update is like a white chocolate chip macadamia nut blondie. Hopefully they’re funny enough to dull the pain of the lack of diversity on the show for yet another season.
- “Guys with fancy lady hair.” This will absolutely be a highlight of your day.
This entry was posted in geeking out
. Bookmark the permalink