- Rashida Jones is developing a new dramedy for the CW with her sister, Kidada Jones.
- Executive producer Mark Rubin says adding playable female soldiers to Call of Duty: Ghost was about acknowledging existing fans. Bless.
- WORF SHOW. Let it happen already, Hollywood, damn.
- Capcom meets Disney! Mike V’s pixel-art fighting princesses make us wanna bust out a hadouken.
- Inspired by statistics on women’s presence in experimental electronic music, network of musicians Female: Pressure started a festival.
- Please consider supporting the campaign for a new interactive fiction game Choice: Texas, looking at abortion access in the state of Texas.
- Ms. Magazine wants to see more major roles gender flipped, and so do we.
- Mathematician Terri Oda got tired of telling the same story about women in Computer Science, so she made a clever Powerpoint.
- GLAAD has released their breakdown of LGBT reperesentation in films from 2012.
- Geeky friends still in grad school: dance your thesis and win $1000!
- Game of Thrones’ Natalie Dormer will be Cressida in Hunger Games: Mockingjay. May the sass be ever in her favor.
- Cool job profile: “library builder” Megan Prelinger of San Francisco’s Prelinger Library.
- The new SNL casting update is like a white chocolate chip macadamia nut blondie. Hopefully they’re funny enough to dull the pain of the lack of diversity on the show for yet another season.
- “Guys with fancy lady hair.” This will absolutely be a highlight of your day.
- A multi-contributor blog at the intersection of fandom and media criticism. Exploring the geek zeitgeist to celebrate diversity and to discuss room for improvement.
We are on hiatus, but feel free to explore and check out our suggested reading list!
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?