- Scarlett Johansson has signed on for the starring role of Motoko Kusanagi in Dreamworks adaptation of Ghost in the Shell, and fans of the anime are not too happy about it.
- Director Ava DuVernay on Selma: “I wasn’t interested in making a white-savior movie.”
- Actors Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian, and Cecep Arif Rahman from The Raid and The Raid 2 have joined the cast of the new Star Wars.
- Check out this piece on The Mary Sue about the real life Peggy Carters of WWII.
- You need to watch Nathan Stewart-Jarrett recite Shakespeare’s Sonnet 102.
- The Flood is an album bringing ancient Sumerian and Babylonian music back to life.
- Ghana is launching they country’s first satellite into space in 2015.
- Archaeologists have discovered the tomb of an unknown Egyptian queen.
- The Internet Archive has uploaded tons of old MS-DOS games. A great way to kill time, though you may die of dysentery.
- Flavorwire has a list of 50 film titles for cinephiles wanting a feminist perspective.
- Harvard University Press have a new project: Murty Classical Library of India, with over 500 volumes projected, including the Therigatha – a collection of verses by the earliest ordained Buddhist women.
- Fans of The Shining should consider submitting their proposals for a 61,500 square foot hedge maze to be built by The Stanley Hotel, which inspired Stephen King’s novel.
- This is giggle worthy: what if Hannibal Lecter was notorious… for telling bad jokes?
- A multi-contributor blog at the intersection of fandom and media criticism. Exploring the geek zeitgeist to celebrate diversity and to discuss room for improvement.
We are on hiatus, but feel free to explore and check out our suggested reading list!
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?