- ‘Tis the season: pictures of cute dogs who think they’re Christmas trees!
- Studies and infographics are still coming through about how our 2012 Election was decided. This piece shows that certain business owners, who vocally protested Obamacare, are seeing slight repercussions.
- Disney and Netflix worked out a streaming deal. HURRAH! We know Disney tends to be stingy with the goods, so we’ll just have to wait until 2016 for the Netflixy times.
- We’re still on the fence about this first look at the Ender’s Game movie.
- On the way to performing in Brooklyn, Jay-Z gets a reality check – not because he took the subway, but because he has to explain to a fellow passenger who he is.
- Some of these DIY food gifts are genius – BACON SALT? Yes please!
- A cool look at how the brain activates when telling stories, and why that’s good for you.
- Related: check out these brain scans of rappers’ brains when they freestyle.
- Madeleine L’Engle is one of our favorite sci-fi writers, so we’re glad to see that her writing spot has been named a literary landmark!
- This blog post provides an interesting analysis of the way portrayals of angry women fighting men are dismissed and laughed at, serving as another example of a culture of misogyny.
- Your favorite stars tell you why NASA is important (in the 80s).
- Please consider supporting Chemists Without Borders,who think everyone in the world should have access to clean water, vaccines, and sustainable energy.
- Women scientists get results! Related: women scientist bloggers wanted!
- Sign the official petition asking President Obama to build a Death Star.
- Attention budding sci-fi and fantasy authors: Sword and Laser are putting together an anthology of genre fiction and your story could be in it!
- Really, Bret Easton Ellis, you should pipe down and listen to Ellen Barkin (and scores of others).
- Can’t wait for Archaia’s beautiful release of Cursed Pirate Girl (December 19). Meanwhile, check out this interview with creator Jeremy Bastian.
- This gorgeous macro photography of tiny icy snowflakes is not endorsement of Special Snowflake Syndrome.
- Loving these reunion photos of the cast of Freaks and Geeks!
- You’re a regular subscriber to The Fluffington Post, right? Just a reminder. Carry on.
- A multi-contributor blog at the intersection of fandom and media criticism. Exploring the geek zeitgeist to celebrate diversity and to discuss room for improvement.
We are on hiatus, but feel free to explore and check out our suggested reading list!
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?