- Everyone should really be excited about this trailer for Belle (arriving 5/2/14), a period piece based on the story of mysterious Dido Lindsay Belle, a biracial, illegitimate daughter of an English aristocrat.
- Want to get in the Halloween spirit with some scary movies – without sexual violence? This is an excellent list.
- Not just sassy and/or strong, characters like Olivia Pope and Abbie Mills are introducing a new crop of more fully realized women of color on television.
- NYCC is over, but this recap of what went down at the Sleepy Hollow panel is A+.
- A nude computer rendering of Ellen Page in Beyond: Two Souls was leaked, leading to the question: who should take the legal blame?
- 20 most loved literary characters. Share the list with your friends and then judge them based on their reactions and suggestions!
- Marvel Studios president says that a female-led superhero movie is not likely to happen any time soon.
- In her work “Can I Touch It“, Endia Beal provokes conversations about what women, especially women of color, are supposed to look like in the workplace.
- “Many scientists keep their queer identity invisible, which leaves young queer and questioning people with few queer role models in scientific fields.”
- While there’s plenty of overlap in the Venn diagram, it’s important to realize that not all scientists are geeks.
- Carli Davidson’s high-speed photos (and bonus video!) of dogs shaking their heads are weirdly adorable, even with all that flying drool.
- A multi-contributor blog at the intersection of fandom and media criticism. Exploring the geek zeitgeist to celebrate diversity and to discuss room for improvement.
We are on hiatus, but feel free to explore and check out our suggested reading list!
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?