- Does it feel like all sci-fi movies are sequels or remakes? io9 wrote up an exhaustive list of original genre movies coming out this year.
- Hetienne Park’s public response about Beverly Katz’s latest development on Hannibal was very diplomatic and gracious.
- A very spoiler heavy breakdown of how many people on Hannibal have been attacked/killed/threatened on screen, sorted by gender and race.
- In honor of the 75th anniversary of DC Comics’ Batman, Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment plan on celebrating for a whole year.
- Malinda Lo breaks down the 2013 figures from Publisher’s Weekly‘s children’s bestsellers list to look at representation – race, LGBTQ presence, disability – among those stats.
- Researchers uncover that Android apps Songs and Prized in fact are mining cryptocurrencies without explicitly informing the user. Time to uninstall, if you have them!
- Cracked have a list of five realities about being transgender, realities consistently ignored by the media.
- Let There Be Doodles has done a few great racebent characters from Disney.
- Speaking of Disney: how about a Walking Dead crossover? Check out Kasami-Sensei’s cool collection of original drawings.
- “Typecast“, a fantastic reworking of Lorde’s “Royals.”
This entry was posted in geeking out
. Bookmark the permalink