- Sleepy Hollow‘s Nicole Beharie speaks up for Lt. Abbie Mills in this recent interview.
- Fox is adapting BBC fave Luther for American audiences. We’re not sure how to feel about this, especially since Idris Elba may not even appear in the series.
- A “Bend It Like Beckham” musical is in the works!
- Most of us know Octavia Butler, but check out these other female Black sci-fi writers.
- Can science explain why only Thor can lift Mjolnir?
- Georgia Tech PhD student Casey Fiesler rewrites the travesty that is Barbie: I Can Be a Computer Engineer. And Casey isn’t the only one having fun remixing the book.
- Meanwhile, Lammily, an alternative to Barbie, can now be customized with items like freckles, scars, and acne.
- Nielsen plans to start using data to look at ratings of TV shows from Netflix and Amazon Prime, potentially negatively affecting the streaming services.
- How will this slime mold map help the U.S. build better infrastructure and roads?
- These adorable tea bags that look like goldfish! (via NotCot.org)
- John Collins shows paper airplane techniques to really make that paper craft fly.
- A multi-contributor blog at the intersection of fandom and media criticism. Exploring the geek zeitgeist to celebrate diversity and to discuss room for improvement.
We are on hiatus, but feel free to explore and check out our suggested reading list!
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?