It’s been yet another busy and somewhat stressful week for some of us here at GQ. This week’s Geeking Out list is a bit lighter than usual and less image heavy. It’s heartbreaking to start our list yet again by mentioning the passing of a great talented soul… RIP Maurice Sendak. The clip below is a lovely tribute from when the author met with Stephen Colbert for a conversation:
- In other heartbreaking news: WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS, NBC?
- Looks like somebody put all their XP into Smithing!
- It seems that floppy disks’ only remaining purpose is nerdy art, and we’re ok with that.
- We have never been prouder of Tumblr. This meme has exploded, turning stereotypes and special snowflake syndrome on their heads and embracing women’s differences in a funny, cheeky way.
- Also from Mary Sue, this conversation with Rachel Weil, curator of FEMICOM (“the feminine computer museum”), is really a worthwhile lunchtime read.
- Rapture fans may be disappointed to learn that the Bioshock Infinite release has been pushed back to February 2013.
- Want ideas for a cute and quirky superhero wedding? Geeksugar has some tips in this awesome photo gallery.
- After Ashton Kutcher’s hilariously (NOT) offensive Pop Chips commercial, as well as news of Liam Helmsworth being cast as Ali Baba, this is too relevant to pass over. Solidarity fist bumps in the outrage over how Indians and Asians seem to be the “clownable minorities.”
- Now better than ever, the dating profiles of 18 Famous Fictional Characters. We see you, Jean-Luc bb!
- We’ve long since sighed and quietly let go of our fondness for Tim Burton’s movies – some of us (ahem, Tanya) haven’t had their hearts set aflutter by his films since ’96 – and this list is particularly right on the money.
- Just announced is that another title from Archaia’s catalog will be translated to the screen. Feeding Ground (Lang, Lapinski, and Mangun), a novel and grizzly take on werewolf lore, will be directed by Alfonzo Gomez-Rejon (American Horror Story) and adapted for the screen by writer Carlos Coto (24, NCIS). This may prove to be very interesting indeed.
- Do you love Animaniacs? Do you think you know everything there is to know about the show? Well, maybe this Mental Floss article will help you beef up your trivia.
- Thor + corgis = Geekquality wanting to get matching t-shirts and wear these, always.
What’s on your radar this week? Tell us in the comments!
Check out our previous Geeking Out posts.