- For the book lover in your life – buy a calendar! No seriously, these are great, especially the librarian pin up one.
- Some writing advice from George R.R. Martin that doesn’t include “kill everyone with feels and agony.”
- Bars & book tour? Yes, please! Boozy literary discussions should be a thing.
- We know that the FLOTUS is perfection personified, but she looks especially lovely while watching the wedding of Laura Jarrett and Tony Balkissoon.
- On top of that, our president had a lizard named after him!
- On a somber note, an article in The NY Times touches on the soaring homicide rate and the racial divide in Chicago, with a featured photo that really hits home.
- Concept art for the next four projects from Pixar!
- Why did Lincoln and Django Unchained ignore so much of the work that Black women did to fight for their own freedom?
- Think superheroes are cool? These organisms are just as amazing, and they’re REAL.
- RIP Nobel Laureate Rita Levi-Montalcini, who discovered nerve growth factor while hiding from Mussolini.
- Robert Krulwich introduces us to Sunita Williams and life on the International Space Station.
- A handy-dandy guide to important sci-fi/fantasy happenings in January.
- More details about the much-anticipated movie Snowpiercer are revealed. Hurry up already!
- Rumors and speculations abound, surrounding the possible revival of the cult TV series Twin Peaks.
- These Adventure Time vinyl toys are squee worthy and available for pre-order. (ETA some time this month). (via Super Punch)
This entry was posted in geeking out
. Bookmark the permalink