- Disney attempted to trademark “Día de los Muertos” for an upcoming Pixar movie. The Internet took care of that real quick.
- Setting aside our feelings about Orson Scott Card, here’s the trailer for Ender’s Game.
- This made our week: The IT Crowd is coming back to film a finale episode.
- Aisha Tyler sounds off on sexism and harassment in gaming, and what could be done to help confront it.
- What if your favorite Game of Thrones characters were university students? Check out these advising notes on Sansa, Margaery, and Tyrion.
- NYCers! Look out for a Bluth Frozen Banana Stand, coming real soon to you.
- Beautiful infographic of the week: 19 emotions that English has no words for.
- 50 Tattoos inspired by literature. And only one “so it goes” tattoo!
- Just two words: Bog people. :(
- A pilot project in Maryland uses the cloud to encourage STEM study in lower-income schools.
- What does the shakeup in US STEM education mean?
- Jennie Lamure: the 17-year old girl who kicked ass at a hack event and can save you from inadvertently reading spoilers on Twitter.
- 2013 is a big year for geek anniversaries, with 50 years since the first woman in space and the start of Doctor Who, among others.
- And, as we like to save the best for last, Ryan Gosling refusing to eat cereal is (yes, we’ll say it) the best thing ever.
This entry was posted in geeking out
. Bookmark the permalink