- Disney attempted to trademark “Día de los Muertos” for an upcoming Pixar movie. The Internet took care of that real quick.
- Setting aside our feelings about Orson Scott Card, here’s the trailer for Ender’s Game.
- This made our week: The IT Crowd is coming back to film a finale episode.
- Aisha Tyler sounds off on sexism and harassment in gaming, and what could be done to help confront it.
- What if your favorite Game of Thrones characters were university students? Check out these advising notes on Sansa, Margaery, and Tyrion.
- NYCers! Look out for a Bluth Frozen Banana Stand, coming real soon to you.
- Beautiful infographic of the week: 19 emotions that English has no words for.
- 50 Tattoos inspired by literature. And only one “so it goes” tattoo!
- Just two words: Bog people. :(
- A pilot project in Maryland uses the cloud to encourage STEM study in lower-income schools.
- What does the shakeup in US STEM education mean?
- Jennie Lamure: the 17-year old girl who kicked ass at a hack event and can save you from inadvertently reading spoilers on Twitter.
- 2013 is a big year for geek anniversaries, with 50 years since the first woman in space and the start of Doctor Who, among others.
- And, as we like to save the best for last, Ryan Gosling refusing to eat cereal is (yes, we’ll say it) the best thing ever.
- A multi-contributor blog at the intersection of fandom and media criticism. Exploring the geek zeitgeist to celebrate diversity and to discuss room for improvement.
We are on hiatus, but feel free to explore and check out our suggested reading list!
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?