We are so close to airing our first podcast (and bonus content!) we can almost taste it. For the time being, we thought we’d share with you a little bit about ourselves. There is our About page, listing our fandoms and offering a bio snapshot, but if you’d like to know a little more about your Geekquality editors, we’ve got that covered:
- Alice Marie, on growing up a feisty feminist and the support from her mother
- Elyse, on carving out a geek path in southern California
- Jen R. L. Disarray, on her experience reading The Mysts of Avalon as a kid
- Lois Payne, on the hero’s journey to geekdom and things you should not say if you don’t want her to kick you
- Moxie Munroe, sharing a recipe of what makes a geek and the challenges of being a geek woman of color
- Tanya, on her pop culture education as a teen immigrant arriving in the U.S.
So get to know us, and while you’re at it, tell us a bit about yourself in the comments. What makes you a geek? What are your fandoms? What gets your hackles up – misrepresentation, cliches, you name it – we want to know!