- You know what we like more than fashion shows? Geeky fashions shows! Check out this gallery from SDCC.
- Racialicious bring us a recap of this year’s edition of The Black Panel at SDCC. The panelists include Tumblr fave Orlando Jones and Cree Summer. Yes, you heard right, Cree Summer.
- An interview with Snowpiercer costume designer Catherine Green, talking about her inspirations and the collaborative process.
- Chris Pratt is becoming a menace – to our hearts, that is. First, he quite skillfully French braided an intern’s hair, and now this? We’re dead.
- Janelle Monae’s newest music video, “Electric Lady” is out!
- Saturday Morning Slow Jams has taken on My Little Pony.
- The “Sharknado” producers are making their own version of The Expendables with an all-female group, called Mercenaries.
- Marvel announced a Princess Leia comic mini-series!
- 23 women answer the question “What’s your favorite position?” in the best way possible.
- There is still time (if you’re near San Francisco) to catch the exhibit Pretty in Ink: North American Women Cartoonists, 1896-2013 at the Cartoon Art Museum.
- Andrew Wheeler at Comics Alliance talks racebending comic book heroes. (A hearty yes to Jason Momoa as Aquaman!)
- A multi-contributor blog at the intersection of fandom and media criticism. Exploring the geek zeitgeist to celebrate diversity and to discuss room for improvement.
We are on hiatus, but feel free to explore and check out our suggested reading list!
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?