- Reg E. Cathey, best known from The Wire, cast as Dr. Storm, father of Sue and Johnny, in The Fantastic Four reboot.
- Spider-Man science!
- Marvel film producers Avi Arad and Matt Talmach says diversity in superhero films is “inevitable”. And, related, Marvel comics: finally realizing that diversity can sell.
- How Orphan Black‘s under-developed male characters promote feminism.
- William Riker evidently spends a lot of time Googling about sex.
- Awesome cosplay: punk Sailor Scouts!
- Six word sci-fi stories, for those with precious little spare time.
- A dinosaur recently threw out the first pitch at a Padres game.
- Participants at TechCrunch Disrupt answer questions about improving the industry, particularly for women in tech.
- Biodegradable plastic made from shrimp? It may be possible.
- The Real Characters project turns Guatemalan seniors’ handwriting into fonts to raise money for elder care and help their stories be told.
- “40% of Afghanistan’s skateboarders are female. 100% of those are tough as nails.”
- The Star Wars Cantina scene narrated by kids. The cute is strong with this one.
- A multi-contributor blog at the intersection of fandom and media criticism. Exploring the geek zeitgeist to celebrate diversity and to discuss room for improvement.
We are on hiatus, but feel free to explore and check out our suggested reading list!
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?