- Margaret Atwood sits down to chat about what we can expect in HBO’s adaptation of the Madaddam Trilogy, casting, and of course, The Handmaid’s Tale.
- Geek/nerd crossover: Stanford researchers talk about the science behind Captain America and the Hulk.
- John Cho’s 90s KPop hair. Adorbs. Giggle.
- Vin Diesel participated in the ALS Ice Bucket challenge, but managed to up it a notch for Groot. Also, lol at his challenge to Putin.
- The Root’s Janee Woods on how white people can best engage as allies to Black people.
- Census figures are a red herring: proportional representation in diversity discussions.
- Forget pink bows: these dresses raise cancer awareness in a much cooler way.
- Saw-Whet owls have to be wrapped up like burritos in order to be weighed. Aww!
- Julia Wilde (That’s So Science) talks about her top 5 fictional female scientists. It’s a great list!
- If you love science fiction and fantasy, put Uncanny Magazine on your radar, both to read and to submit to.
- Layla on Autostraddle lists more reasons why Lucy Lawless is crush worthy (in addition to being Xena.)
- A multi-contributor blog at the intersection of fandom and media criticism. Exploring the geek zeitgeist to celebrate diversity and to discuss room for improvement.
We are on hiatus, but feel free to explore and check out our suggested reading list!
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?