- Margaret Atwood sits down to chat about what we can expect in HBO’s adaptation of the Madaddam Trilogy, casting, and of course, The Handmaid’s Tale.
- Geek/nerd crossover: Stanford researchers talk about the science behind Captain America and the Hulk.
- John Cho’s 90s KPop hair. Adorbs. Giggle.
- Vin Diesel participated in the ALS Ice Bucket challenge, but managed to up it a notch for Groot. Also, lol at his challenge to Putin.
- The Root’s Janee Woods on how white people can best engage as allies to Black people.
- Census figures are a red herring: proportional representation in diversity discussions.
- Forget pink bows: these dresses raise cancer awareness in a much cooler way.
- Saw-Whet owls have to be wrapped up like burritos in order to be weighed. Aww!
- Julia Wilde (That’s So Science) talks about her top 5 fictional female scientists. It’s a great list!
- If you love science fiction and fantasy, put Uncanny Magazine on your radar, both to read and to submit to.
- Layla on Autostraddle lists more reasons why Lucy Lawless is crush worthy (in addition to being Xena.)
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?