- Congratulations to Ezra Miller, who will play the Flash in the latest Justice League movie!
- John Cho chats about racism in Hollywood, the possibility of being a romantic lead, and a take on a Batman remake which we would totally get behind.
- According to FiveThirtyEight, the ratio of female to male superheros in mainstream comics is improving, with more LGBT characters on the way. However, women make up only 30.9% of the DC universe and 30.6% in Marvel. Comics Alliance has all the data, though please note that the findings are about characters, not reader demographics.
- Marvel’s newest superhero is an Asian-American woman! Cindy Moon, or Silk, was bitten by the same radioactive spider that bit a certain Peter Parker, and has been locked away in a facility for six years training ever since.
- Feeling crafty for Halloween? This DIY floral skull piece is perfect for the holiday, or all year long.
- A list of signs to confirm that you’ve accidentally found yourself in an Alexander Dumas novel.
- The Mary Sue has a fun interview with several members of the cast and crew of Sleepy Hollow. They talk Bechdel test, the importance of their fans, and geeking out over Orphan Black.
- Some quick reads from our sister site, Persephone Magazine: five Marvel characters who should get their own movies and a round up of some teen werewolf girl stories.
- A multi-contributor blog at the intersection of fandom and media criticism. Exploring the geek zeitgeist to celebrate diversity and to discuss room for improvement.
We are on hiatus, but feel free to explore and check out our suggested reading list!
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?