- Woman You Should Know About: Kyla McMullen, the first African-American woman to get a Ph.D. in computer science from University of Michigan.
- The editorial staff all took this Clueless quiz; can you score perfectly? (As if!)
- Richard Blanco, gay Latino poet, will be reading at Obama’s inauguration.
- One school’s success on closing the achievement gap.
- Real and imaginary space travel intersect in the best set of tweets ever.
- We had a good chuckle and a few gasps when reading some of these conspiracies concerning classic literary characters. The Winnie the Pooh made us sad, though.
- Also funny and disturbing: if Dr. Seuss books were titled by their subtext.
- Last week, we noted a tablet that folded like paper. This week, check out this new tablet with a smart rising keyboard. It’s a little creepy, but LOOK AT IT.
- Why does Martha Jones always get the shaft? Freema Agyeman confirms that she won’t be making an appearance in the 50th anniversary episode of Dr. Who.
- Samuel L. Jackson croons Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”
- A spoiler-filled scientific analysis of Serenity.
- How much did you pay attention to science news in 2012? Our science expert was ashamed at how poorly she did.
- You know what twitter really needs? More iambic pentameter.
- Marvel may green light a Heroes For Hire movie.
- We will never tire of Jim Hines‘ sci-fi and fantasy novel cover recreations.
- “Nothing weird is going to happen.” Canadian seeks women with Star Trek TNG costumes.
This entry was posted in geeking out
. Bookmark the permalink