- Woman You Should Know About: Kyla McMullen, the first African-American woman to get a Ph.D. in computer science from University of Michigan.
- The editorial staff all took this Clueless quiz; can you score perfectly? (As if!)
- Richard Blanco, gay Latino poet, will be reading at Obama’s inauguration.
- One school’s success on closing the achievement gap.
- Real and imaginary space travel intersect in the best set of tweets ever.
- We had a good chuckle and a few gasps when reading some of these conspiracies concerning classic literary characters. The Winnie the Pooh made us sad, though.
- Also funny and disturbing: if Dr. Seuss books were titled by their subtext.
- Last week, we noted a tablet that folded like paper. This week, check out this new tablet with a smart rising keyboard. It’s a little creepy, but LOOK AT IT.
- Why does Martha Jones always get the shaft? Freema Agyeman confirms that she won’t be making an appearance in the 50th anniversary episode of Dr. Who.
- Samuel L. Jackson croons Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”
- A spoiler-filled scientific analysis of Serenity.
- How much did you pay attention to science news in 2012? Our science expert was ashamed at how poorly she did.
- You know what twitter really needs? More iambic pentameter.
- Marvel may green light a Heroes For Hire movie.
- We will never tire of Jim Hines‘ sci-fi and fantasy novel cover recreations.
- “Nothing weird is going to happen.” Canadian seeks women with Star Trek TNG costumes.
- A multi-contributor blog at the intersection of fandom and media criticism. Exploring the geek zeitgeist to celebrate diversity and to discuss room for improvement.
We are on hiatus, but feel free to explore and check out our suggested reading list!
Commenting PolicyWe have a commenting policy for the site and encourage you to review it.
We do this ad free & out of pocket – wanna help?