- Are you ready for this? A Futurama/Adventure Time crossover. Yes, indeed.
- Also in crossovers, check out this lovely art by Robby Cook, imagining Disney princesses in the Avatar universe!
- In the official trailer for Thor: The Dark World, it seems they still haven’t quite figured out Thor’s weave, but he is definitely shirtless again, so it’s a draw.
- Disney is thinking about a live action Star Wars TV series. We’re skeptical, but unperturbed until more concrete news surfaces.
- Harvey “Scissorhands” Weinstein is at it again, this time supposedly planning to cut a substantial 20 minutes from Snowpiercer before its North American release. We are not pleased.
- Just finished the whole season of Orange is the New Black? Before the next season, why not read all the books referenced on the show.
- Enjoy this Ultimate Primer for Latin American Cinema, a 100 titles total. So many movies, so little time.
- 30 indisputable reasons why Idris Elba is the best.
- Our favorite blog of the week: translations of misguided, or just plain nonsensical Chinese character tattoos. (While we’re on the topic of Western culture appropriating Eastern culture, read Miranda’s post from last year.)
- While we enjoyed John Krasinski as Jim Halpert on The Office, John Cho’s audition for the part made us sad, because he could have been great and would have added more POC visibility on the show.
- Bare Paint is a conductive liquid that lets you draw electric circuits on almost any surface. How neat is that?
- Geeks who enjoy critical analysis of video games just as much as they enjoy playing them should like into Five out of Ten, an independent magazine. (via Borderhouse)
- 30-year-old Ángela Covadonga Bachiller makes history, becoming Spain’s first Councillor with Down Syndrome.
This entry was posted in geeking out
. Bookmark the permalink